Saturday, August 11, 2012

Because I knew you, I have been changed for good!

It has now been 4 and a half weeks since my surgery and I am feeling great! I am done wearing the sexy body cincher that was required post-surgery and the swelling has gone down enough that I am starting to fit into my clothes comfortably again (and in some cases loosely) - yea!! I am now completely huggable (and kissable) ;) . . . I can see glimpses of my new body blossoming from underneath the trauma and I’m feeling much more encouraged about my upcoming swim suit appearance in Lake Tahoe!

My hair continues to grow and evolve in how I style it - I have now graduated to using a curling iron to style it and I can’t tell you how good that feels!!!  Not that you would know by looking at it that I spend time doing it - if I don’t I do look more like orphan Annie than the sophisticated business woman I want to portray :).  It is thicker and fuller than ever and I am blessed to have my 20 minute to dry hair again, even though it is still a lot shorter than I'm comfortable with.

Now that I am able to move my body and do my normal activities, I am ready to embrace the journey to wellness that I have begun.  Although there have been many milestones, I now feel like I am officially done with cancer and I have declared August my month of healing.  I am doing many things to rehabilitate my body, mind and spirit so that I can fully heal from all that has happened physically, emotionally and spiritually.  

I’m working with a personal trainer/swim coach twice a week in the pool by my house, continuing with acupuncture, and started some amazing work in cranial sacral therapy.  These things all take time, energy and money but by the end of August, I will have a much better idea of what is working and where to go from there. I am already feeling a lot of balance and clarity - more than ever before!  It is so interesting to feel this way and to see how things are improving a lot from the discouragement and anxiety I was feeling at the beginning of the month and to realize how much this holistic approach is working together for me.  

I continue to be blessed by amazing people who touch my life.

This week my family went to see Wicked - it was so much fun and reflective for me as I contemplated the paradox of how mistaken we can be in our analysis of a situation or person. I loved the touching words of the song between the two witches Glinda (good) and Elphaba (wicked) as they realize how much the other had touched their lives.  I feel the same about so many of you for so many different reasons. Thank you for what you have taught me and all that you have done to bless me. Truly, my life has been changed for the better because I knew you! http://youtu.be/CImGTTuEMEI

Just a few pictures of some of the special people in my life - there are many more of you and hopefully we’ll get one together soon!  Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment